Guide to Google AdWords Image Ad Sizes
To ensure that your image ads are appropriate, follow these technical requirements (Non-animated image ads) when using the image ad format:
File size: 150 KB or smaller
Guide to Facebook Image Ad Sizes
Images in your ads must be relevant and appropriate to the advertised product. Keep these policies in mind when you’re choosing an image for your ad:
- Ads may not include images made up of more than 20% text, including logos and slogans. Note: This 20% text policy does not apply to pictures of products that include text on the actual product. Photos of products in real situations or photos of products with a background are acceptable. Images that are zoomed in on logos or images with text overlay are not allowed. We will also not allow images that are clearly edited to include text on the product as a loophole to policy.
- Images may not exploit political, sexual or other sensitive issues.
- Images may not use shock or scare tactics.
- Images targeted to people under 18 must be appropriate for that age group.
- Images may not be overly sexual, imply nudity, show excessive amounts of skin or cleavage, or focus unnecessarily on body parts.
- Images may not portray nonexistent functionality, including but not limited to play buttons
that suggests video capability and close buttons that do not close. Images may not contain QR codes.
- Images may not use Facebook brand images without permission, including but not limited
to logos, icons and alert notification graphics.